Levels and Services
Maternal, Prekinder (Interactive I), Kindergarten (Interactive II) and Preparatory (Transition).
First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth grade.
Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh grade.
Mission and Vision
Provide an alternative high-level academic option for students in the area, with a commitment to their integral development, paying attention to individual needs, and using effective teaching methods that involve them actively. Their sense of responsibility with nature is encouraged and the development of life skills that allows them to achieve success is stimulated.
To be the leading bilingual school in the area by training independent people, who are respectful of nature and with the necessary skills to develop as individuals who make the right decisions to achieve personal and academic success.
- Offer a high-level academic program, always considering the capabilities of each student.
- Have qualified teaching staff, committed to fulfilling our educational mission, vision and philosophy.
- Offer a family environment where each student is an important member of the school community.
- Capture our students’ interest in learning through an integral approach.
- Encourage personal and group challenges in students, to achieve high-quality academic performance and the development of important life skills.
- Strengthen students’ self-confidence, autonomy, and the spirit of improvement.
- Create a respectful environment among students, parents, and teachers.
- Stimulate acceptance of individual differences.
- Use participative teaching methods, applied to reality, based on projects, that stimulate critical thinking, problem-solving, encourage the analysis of information and research.
- Encourage universal values.
- Stimulate oral and written expression to communicate what you think, want, or feel.
- Encourage the habit of reading, analytical and critical reading of a wide variety of texts.
- Strengthen logical-mathematical thinking through activities and strategies that encourage students at different levels of analysis.
- Balance academic functions through alternative activities, sports, and art.
- Foster an understanding and appreciation of the environment, environmental conservation, recycling, and the importance of sustainable development.
- Encourage creativity and innovative thinking.
- Stimulate teamwork as an effective instrument to achieve goals.
Las Nubes School is a school accredited by the Ministry of Education from Costa Rica.
The following are the degrees that, according to the Ministry of Education, are awarded at the end of each school year:
Also, students in sixth grade take the TOEFFL Junior test and students in eleventh grade take the TOEFFL ITP test, which are tests of worldwide validity that certify their English level.